Love your food and want your community to know it? Throwing a classic Aussie BBQ this National Agriculture Day is a top notch way to show your appreciation for all things agriculture!
Agriculture is a nationwide community that involves every Australian – from farmers, to retailers, all the way to the every consumer.
Did you know: that one Australian farmer feeds and clothes 600 people a year and that 400 of those people live overseas?
This year’s AgDay theme is #GrowforGood, which celebrates everything great about agriculture and Australian agricultural communities.
Here are AustralianFarmers’ top tips if you’re planning to host a BBQ this AgDay!
Step 1: Register for Ag Day
Register your event on the AgDay website and receive an awesome package of balloons, shirts, stickers and more to deck out your event location.
Step 2: stock up on some Aussie produce
Head on down to your local supermarket and pick up some of the classic Aussie BBQ must have foods such as:
- Proteins: sausages, sizzle steaks, even chicken and seafood are great on a BBQ.
- You can even throw in a vego option or two.
- Bread (of course)
- Sauce (tomato and BBQ – maybe some aioli if you’re feeling fancy)
- Salads or a potato or pasta salad from the supermarket deli
- Onions (to add some class to the sausage sanga)
- Drinks: water and Aussie-grown fruit juice
- Dessert: fruit salad and pavlova
- You can never have too much ice
- Remember that sunscreen and Slip! Slop! Slap!
*Note: this is all open for interpretation.
National Agriculture Day 2017 outside the NFF House in Canberra ACT.
Step 3: Set up and have fun
Deck the place out in green, pump those Aussie tunes and take a bunch of photos with you and your friends and family celebrating great Aussie produce! Remember to post your celebration to social media and tag AustralianFarmers, #GrowforGood and #AgDayAU!