THE United Dairyfarmers of Victoria (UDV) is urging all young dairy leaders to apply for the 2017 Gardiner Dairy Foundation UDV New Zealand Study Tour.
Fully funded by the Gardiner Dairy Foundation and incorporating a nationally accredited unit at Certificate IV level through the National Centre for Dairy Education, the study tour will take some of Victoria’s best young industry minds to New Zealand in February 2017 for an eight day tour.
The participants will visit leading dairy farms utilising a variety of farm systems and technology, tour dairy research and processing facilities, and engage with the dairy industry representative bodies of NZ.
2016 Study Tour attendee Luke Randle found the tour inspired him to take on a new role once returning from NZ.
“The NZ trip motivated me to look for a career change. I was getting complacent in my old role as a Young Stock Manager and seeing how efficiently they manage their farming systems in New Zealand really inspired me to look for a different role on a new farm to continue learning,” he said.
“I’m now second in charge at a 650 cow property in Gippsland. If you’re serious about a future in the dairy industry I really recommend the Tour; it really is a fantastic opportunity.”
Applications for the 2017 Gardiner Dairy Foundation UDV New Zealand Study Tour close on Friday, October 21st.
To apply you need to:
- Be aged between 18-35 years;
- Hold a current Australian passport ;
- Be available for travel late February 2017;
- Actively participate in the dairy industry - either on or off-farm;
- Be enrolled in or have completed studies related to the dairy industry, such as the NCDE Certificate II, III, or IV; or proven participation in dairy industry short course(s) such as those run by GippsDairy, Westvic Dairy, Murray Dairy, DEDJTR and others;
- Agree to have an ongoing relationship with the UDV and Gardiner Dairy Foundation and
- Utilise leadership skills upon return by undertaking leadership roles in the industry and/or community.
Selection interviews are to be held in Melbourne during October 2016.
The UDV encourages all young people who are serious about their involvement in the dairy industry to apply to join the tour in 2017.
More information is available on the UDV Facebook Page and application forms are available on the UDV website.
For more information contact Ashlee Hammond at email@example.com or phone 03 9207 5556.