Australian agriculture’s biggest day of the year is on Friday, 18 November 2022, when the nation comes together to celebrate National Agriculture Day.
After a two years of scaled-back events, AgDay is back and planning to be bigger than ever.
Organisers are calling on communities across Australia to start planning their celebrations – with a target to reach over 300 registered events in 2022.
The website agday.org.au is now live and open for people to register their own events. Registrants will receive a complementary event kit – loaded with AgDay goodies.
In addition to community-led events across the country, the National Farmers’ Federation will be coordinating events in major cities to put agriculture front and centre on the day.
NFF President Fiona Simson says this year’s theme of “Innovation in Agriculture” is a fantastic opportunity to showcase the new practices and technologies making farmers more sustainable and productive.
“People are always amazed at the science and ingenuity that happens behind the farmgate. They often assume that we’re just this traditional industry where things change slowly. That couldn’t be further from the truth!
“This AgDay, we’re sharing and celebrating the innovation that goes into producing the food and fibre products we enjoy every day.”
There are no limits to how you can celebrate AgDay. Start planning now to gather your family, friends or workmates to mark the day!
“It’s always wonderful to see communities coming together on AgDay to celebrate Aussie farming. It doesn’t matter where you live, that connection to farming is such an important part of our identity as Australians.
“There is no wrong way to celebrate. It could be a paddock picnic, or an office morning tea. The important part is to take a moment to appreciate and enjoy some great Aussie farm-grown food and fibre,” Ms Simson said.
Here are our top tips on how you can get involved in #AgDayAU 2022:
- Host your own AgDay lunch, BBQ or event. Make sure you register your event to get a free AgDay event pack.
- Attend one of the official AgDay events hosted by the National Farmers’ Federation and partners – keep your eye out on the website and socials for details!
- Enter the #AgDayAU photo and video competition. Submit a fab photo or video of ag in action for the chance to win great prizes. Entries open in October.
- Share your thoughts online by posting on social media, tagging #AgDayAU.
- Shop the I Love Farmers 2022 collection and show your support for our farmers all year round.
To find out more visit www.agday.org.au
Thanks for the info.