You can never go wrong with a beef burger, whether it’s a quick meal during the week or to feed a tribe on the weekend, Australian Beef has teamed up with Curtis Stone for this tasty take on a classic.
- Four 170g beef burger patties
- 1 medium red beetroot (about 200g), peeled
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tbs each thinly sliced fresh chives and finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp Sriracha
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 20g baby rocket
- 4 fried eggs
- Using box grater, coarsely grate beetroot into bowl. Stir in vinegar, oil, chives, dill and sugar. Season beetroot relish with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Sriracha. Season chilli mayo with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue for high heat. Season burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Brush barbecue grates with oil and add patties. Barbecue patties 2 mins or until bottoms are lightly charred. Flip patties and top with cheese. Barbecue 2 mins, or until bottoms are lightly charred and cheese has melted. Set patties aside on plate.
- Meanwhile, barbecue cut sides of buns 1 min, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread chilli mayo over bottom halves of buns. Top with rocket, burger patties, beetroot relish and eggs. Top with bun tops and serve.
Recipe by Curtis Stone for Australian Beef. Click here for more great recipes and inspiration.